Wednesday 13 January 2016

Adaptation B: Initial Ideas

After speaking to Alan yesterday an abstract adaptation may help me design characters. 

Here are some of the ideas I have come up with so far: 

Adapting shoes into Characters

I felt like shoes have a personality, and certain people wear different shoes. 

For example a high heel shoe may generate a curvy character with long legs.

Adapting British Idioms into Characters

This somewhat came from one of Alans ideas of turning phrases into characters. 

So far I've found phrases such as:

  • Nosy Parker
  • All Mouth and Trousers
  • Billy Wind
  • Belt and Braces
  • Damp Squib
  • Fine and Dandy
  • Green Fingers
  • Pin Money
  • Quids In
  • Square Mile
  • Sticky Wicket
  • Vicar of Bray
I think some of these could make some interesting characters.

Adapting Seasons/Weather into Characters

Not too sure if this has been done much before but I think it could be an interesting idea. Characters could wear clothes related to their seasons and shaped in that way too. For example summer would be rounder because of the sun whereas winter may be skinnier and bolder to show it's stormy weather. 

Adapting rocks, ores and gems into Characters

Rocks/Gems have different properties and could be used as a basis for character design, I may take a less human approach with the designs however because the Cartoon Network show Steven Universe has characters based on gems and as much as I'm a fan of the show I don't want my designs to be like theirs. 



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment